Monday, August 25, 2014

Made It Monday-Classroom Spruce Up




I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Made It Monday for a little classroom sprucing up and a little something just for me.



Like many in my school district, I teach in a trailer aka a portable!  The inside of it really is nice, but the outside, well not so much!  The teacher I share it with really did some work before I got there; painting the walls and sponge painting the blinds.  So we have a nice, clean pallet to work with.  I posted in an earlier post some of the awesome art work she's done to make our trailer portable nice and homey. 
I have a really high shelf that I have some storage bins on, but above it is a really bare space.  I  wanted something to add a splash of color to this little area.  So, while lying in bed thinking of everything that I needed to be working on for my classes, I pictured the perfect solution.  I hopped out of bed and starting digging through my scrap booking supplies.  I came up with about 8 sheets of black and white, and lime green scrap book pages.  This goes along with the color scheme we have going on.  Sounds crazy but the colors work.  The walls are white, blinds lime green, and all the decor and displays are black and white cows.  I made myself a template from a piece of card stock and started tracing and cutting.  I used a piece of twine and craft glue to string it all together.  

Here's the result:

While it doesn't look like much, it's adds SO much to that whole side of the room.  Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture so show you how bare it looked.  It's the little things, right?


I got a ton on inspiration seeing all the pics from the TPT Conference in Vegas this summer.  One thing I saw a lot of was personalized business cards.  So I got to work creating my own.  Here's what I came up with:  


I love the idea of using QR codes instead of web addresses.  They are hard to remember and really hard to get exact when typing them into the address bar.  I did some research and found that GotPrint and VistaPrint, were some of the most cost effective places to get them printed.  I went with GotPrint because they ended up being a little bit cheaper on shipping.

Do you have a business card?  Did you design it and where did you get them printed?

Head back over to 4th Grade Frolics and check out some other Made It Monday creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment