Monday, September 22, 2014

Teacher Chat

Everyone has that one teacher that they will always remember and admire.  Emilie at Island Teaching Adventures is doing a fun link up to spotlight these inspiring teachers. 
So, if you could sit on a bench and chat for one hour with any teacher from the past or present, who would it be?

Mine would be my 8th grade Spanish teacher.  He was a tough cookie and did not mess around.  When you left his class you REALLY knew some Spanish.  I remember it being the one class I had to study for every night.  We had random quizzes and had to act out scenarios using only Spanish.  I went on to take Spanish II and III, but never learned anything new.  Due to all that hard work in 8th grade, I was able to test out of two semesters of Spanish in college.  I can still remember a little Spanish but it's one of those things that you loose if you don't use it on a regular basis.  

Being an educator now, I appreciate his "demand" for us to learn.  Looking back I wish I'd had him for all three years of high school Spanish, who knows maybe I'd be a Spanish teacher now!!!

Head on over to Island Teaching Adventures and read about other memorable teachers.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Meredith! Languages are totally a use or lose it skill. Isn't interesting that some of the best and most admired teachers are the ones who challenged us the most?
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete