Friday, October 24, 2014

Liebster Award

I'm happy to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Sheri from Early Years with Sheri!! This award is for bloggers who are new to the game and trying to grow their readership.  I have to answer 11 questions and then nominate 11 blogs of my choice that have less then 200 followers. 


Why and how long ago did you start blogging?

I started blogging this past summer.  I've always maintained a blog for my students and their parents, I was just ready to step out and join the blogging community on a different level.  I love reading other teachers' blogs and hopefully now I can add to that community

What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Relatable.  I'd like to think that as teachers we can all relate to one another.  It's a type of connection that non-teachers will never understand.  Only a fellow teacher understands this:  "I didn't have time to pee today.  Yesterday, I did make it to the bathroom, accompanied by 22 children!"

Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
Don't have high expectations.  People are busy and won't run right over to read your posts.  :-(

What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Watching reality TV!!!  Sad, I know!!

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Probably more hours that I'm willing to admit!!  It's still new to me and I enjoy it.  

What category of blog posts do you enjoy most?
I love teaching blogs but equally enjoy reading fitness blogs.  I find both inspiring.

Where does your blog inspiration come from?
I love Step into 2nd Grade with Amy Lemons and several others.  I love seeing pictures of children learning in different ways and getting new ideas.

Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I love participating in blog hops and writing posts for them.  This, Halloween Blog Hop, was one of my favorites. 

Is there any post you've been planning to do, but have postponed it for awhile now?
Yes, I received my first Stitch Fix and need to do a review.  I LOVED it.  You should check it out.  Here's my referral link.

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I enjoying sharing ideas almost as much as I love reading other teacher's ideas and classroom tricks.

Which recipe, project, on my (the person who nominated you) blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
I like your ideas for GROUP activities.

I nominate the following 11 bloggers:



 Now that you've been nominated, here are the "official" rules if you accept:
1. In your post, link back to ME you as a thank you and "shout out." (Use my button.)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send me a link to your post so I can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)
Follow me on Bloglovin'

Welcome to the club!!




















2 comments:

  1. I love reading blogs that are relatable. Nothing worse than trading something and thinking wow that sounds amazing but how would I do that with my class. I like to post real pictures that my class has actually produced so that people can see they're not perfect but they're doing their best.
    Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination. Here is my post: http://kidzlearnlanguage.blogspot.com/2014/10/leibster-award-and-thank-you.html
    Now, off to find 11 new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete